Code Certified Home Warranty Inspections
Home Warranty Inspections in: Acworth, Kennesaw, Wooodstock, Canton, Cumming, Roswell, Alpharetta, Georgia and more…..
As a new home owner, you may be aware that you are entitled to a one-year warranty from your building contractor on your newly constructed home, however; your builder may not remind you when the eleventh month anniversary of your closing date approaches. So mark your calendar in order to allow enough time to perform your Warranty Inspection and for your builder to correct any deficiencies discovered during your inspection. Please keep in mind, once your one-year warranty elapses, your builder will not be obligated to honor your warranty.
Even if your home was inspected by a private or county/city inspector prior to closing, we commonly find the following code violations:
• Structural Building problem examples:
– Engineered roof truss systems improperly modified or damaged during construction.
– Stairways not meeting “means of egress” codes
– Improper surface water drainage around exterior of home
• Electrical issues such as:
– Missing or improperly wired receptacle outlets
– Loose and/or damaged service conductor terminations
– Improper grounding/bonding issues
• Plumbing problem examples:
– Air breaks/gaps missing which can cause water supply contamination
– Improper sewer venting issues
• Mechanical (Heating and Air) issues:
– Gas flue pipe installed with improper clearances to combustible materials
– Incorrect circuit breaker sizes installed for equipment
• Energy Code non-compliance:
– Insulation missing or displaced = Higher utility bills!
– Air barriers improperly installed and/or missing = Higher utility bills!
We specialize in warranty inspections, which start at $225.00. We will deliver your comprehensive property condition report (via e-mail PDF) the same day of inspection or by the following day, complete with photos and detailed comments explaining the deficiencies required to be addressed by your building contractor.
* Heritage Property Inspections, LLC is not affiliated with any associations such as developers, general building contractors, sub-contractors, or their personnel.
• Over 35 years combined experience in the building industry
• Over 12 years combined experience as a government Building Inspector / Plans Examiner
• Licensed General Building Contractor in 1990
• ICC Certified – (International Code Council) Building Plans Examiner
• ICC Certified – Combination: Residential – Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Inspector
• ICC Certified – Combination: Commercial – Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Inspector
• ICC Certified Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector
• ICC Certified ADA (American Disabilities Act) Accessibility Inspector / Plans Examiner
• “Pro-Board” Certified National Board on Fire Services Professional Qualifications Fire Inspector NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
• State of Georgia Certified Fire Inspector
• Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission Certified Inspector
• Building Officials Association of Georgia – Member