Code Certified Home Warranty Inspections
As a new home owner, you may be aware that you are entitled to a one-year warranty from your building contractor on your newly constructed home. Your builder may not remind you when the eleventh month anniversary of your closing date approaches. So mark your calendar in order to allow enough time to perform your Warranty Inspection and for your builder to correct deficiencies discovered during your inspection. Please keep in mind, once your one-year warranty elapses, your builder will not be obligated to honor your warranty.
Even though your home was inspected by a private or county/city inspector prior to closing, we commonly find the following code violations:
- Structural Building problem examples:
– Engineered roof truss systems improperly modified or damaged during construction.
– Stairways not meeting “means of egress” codes
– Improper surface water drainage around exterior of home
- Electrical issues such as:
– Missing or improperly wired receptacle outlets
– Loose and/or damaged service conductor terminations
– Improper grounding/bonding issues
- Plumbing problem examples:
– Air breaks/gaps missing which can cause water supply contamination
– Improper sewer venting issues
- Mechanical (Heating and Air) issues:
– Gas flue pipe installed with improper clearances to combustible materials
– Incorrect circuit breaker sizes installed for equipment
- Energy Code non-compliance:
– Insulation missing or displaced = Higher utility bills!
– Air barriers improperly installed and/or missing = Higher utility bills!
We specialize in warranty inspections, which start at $225.00. Your report will be delivered (via email PDF) the same day of inspection or by the following day complete with photos and detailed comments
* Heritage Property Inspections, LLC is not affiliated with your builder or any associations such as developers, general building contractors, sub-contractors, or their personnel.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Jim or Sharon Haizlip 770-900-1757 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Over 35 total years’ experience in the Building Industry.
- Over 20 years’ experience as a General Contractor.
- Over 12 years combined experience as a Government Building Inspector/Plans Examiner and Inspections Business Owner.
- Licensed California General Contractor in 1990.
- ICC Certified – (International Code Council) Building Plans Examiner
- ICC Certified – Combination: Residential – Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Inspector.
- ICC Certified – Combination: Commercial – Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Inspector.
- ICC Certified Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector.
- ICC Certified ADA (American Disabilities Act) Accessibility Inspector / Plans Examiner.
- PRO-BOARD National Board on Fire Services Pro. Qualifications Certified Fire Inspector NFPA 101 Life Safety Code.
- State of Georgia Certified Fire Inspector.
- Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission Certified Inspector.
- Building Officials Association of Georgia – Member.